Our History


Women of the Methodist Episcopal church began a home for women and children in Binghamton, New York.


The Home grew and moved to Johnson City, New York.


The Home moved to the former Macomber Farm on Chenango Street in Binghamton and incorporated as an orphanage.

1950's and 1960's

Focus expanded to be a family-centered practice and established a Social Services program.


Licensed by the New York State Department of Social Services as a residential treatment center.


Licensed by the New York State Board of Regents to provide educational services for Kindergarten through Grade 12. 


The Residential Treatment Facility, Inc. (R.T.F., Inc.) established as an affiliate and licensed by New York State Office of Mental Health as a hospital for mentally ill children.


Over 14 programs and nearly 300 employees in more than 8 locations. Still caring for children and their families.

Well Respected Institution

What was once a typical orphanage has grown to one of the most well respected and outstanding child care institutions in New York State.